Life-course immunisation is an immunisation approach that responds to a person’s current stage in life and the specific health risks they can face(1). The approach aims to reduce illnesses and helps people stay healthy as they grow older, ensuring a good quality of life(2).
(1) Immunization Agenda 2023 – A global strategy to leave no one behind. WHO and IA2023. Available at: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/immunization/strategy/ia2030/ia2030-document-en.pdf Accessed on 20 September 2023
(2) Vaccination schedules in the EU/EEA. European Vaccination Portal. Available at: https://vaccination-info.eu/…/when-vaccinate/vaccination-schedules-eueea Accessed on 20 September 2023
(3) Influenza vaccination coverage rates in the EU/EEA. ECDC. Available at: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/…/vaccination-coverage. Accessed on 20 September 2023.
(4) Seasonal influenza vaccines. ECDC. Available at: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/…/seasonal-influenza-vaccines Accessed on 20 September 2023
(5) Vaccination against influenza of population aged 65 and over. Eurostat. Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/databrowser/view/hlth_ps_immu/default/table Accessed on: 20 September 2023
(6) Seasonal influenza vaccination strategies. ECDC. Available at: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/…/vaccination-strategies Accessed on: 20 September 2023
(7) Lifecourse vaccination in Europe: Influenza prevention. Euractiv. Available at: https://www.euractiv.com/…/lifecourse-vaccination-in-europe-influenza-prevention/ Accessed on: 24 September 2023.
(8) Factors influencing healthcare professionals’ confidence in vaccination in Europe: a literature review. NCBI. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9009961/ Accessed on 30 September 2023.