1. Pledge on privacy
2. Intended use of Personal Data
Most of our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some services may require you to provide us with Personal Data. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any Personal Data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to certain parts of the site and for us to respond to your query.
3. Non-disclosure of Personal Data
4. Right of access, correction and objection
Whenever we process Personal Data, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is kept accurate and up-to date for the purposes for which it was collected. We will provide you with the ability to object to the processing of your Personal Data if such processing is not reasonably required for a legitimate business purpose as described in this policy or our compliance with law. In the case of electronic direct promotional communication, we will provide you with a method to opt out of receiving further promotional materials or with a method to opt in if required by law. If you wish to contact us regarding our use of your Personal Data or object to the processing of your Personal Data, please email us at email@example.com. If you contact us, please note the name of the website where you provided the information, as well as the specific information you would like us to correct, update or delete plus a proper identification of you. Requests to delete personal data will be subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document filing or retention obligations imposed on us.
5. “Cookies” and internet tags
We may collect and process information about your visit to this website using Google Analytics, such as the pages you visit, the website you came from and some of the searches you perform. Such information is used by us to help improve the contents of the site and to compile aggregate statistics about individuals using our site for internal, market research purposes. We will not share this data with third parties. In doing this, we may install “cookies” that collect the domain name of the user, your internet service provider, your operating system, and the date and time of access. A “cookie” is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a “cookie,” this will enable you to decide if you want to accept it or not. If you do not want us to install cookies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to inform you, however, that if you do not accept you may not be able to use all functionality of your browser software. We may obtain the services of outside parties to assist us in collecting and processing the information described in this Section.
6. Links to other sites
7. User guidelines
The website Influenza Hub is a friendly community where people can join the conversation about influenza.
Please note that external comments are not representative of the opinions of Influenza Hub and we do not confirm their accuracy.
- Do join in the conversation. We love to hear your comments.
- Do comment in English.
- Do come back and visit us regularly. This is a live and fully monitored website, and we’re keen to engage and hear your opinions.
- Don’t post any abusive, defamatory or obscene comments.
- Don’t post any fraudulent, deceptive or misleading comments or links.
- Don’t post anything that’s in violation of any law or regulation, or is the intellectual property of someone else.
- Don’t post any sales pitches or spam. Our website is not the place for that.
- Do try to keep on topic and share what’s of interest to the group.
- We reserve the right to ban users from Influenza Hub who exhibit these or otherwise offensive or intrusive behaviors.
8. Contact us